Some POD platforms support a way of marking designs for adults only:
- Redbubble has "Is this mature content?"
- Fine Art America has "Work Safe" (or not)
In the past, if you wanted to publish designs using these settings, you needed to create a separate blueprint (and archetype) for those designs. Now, OrbitKit allows you to designate designs as 'mature'; any time these designs are published, they will override the blueprint and set the relevant 'mature' setting at the venue.
Specifically how this works:
- If a design is 'mature', OrbitKit will ignore the maturity setting in the blueprint and force the adult flag on at POD platforms that support such a thing.
- If the design is not 'mature', OrbitKit uses whatever setting is in the blueprint (possibly the adult flag on!).
Some platforms do not allow adult content on certain products (eg, Redbubble doesn't allow it on face masks). If you enable the mature flag, we disable certain products:
- Redbubble - face masks, youth/toddler shirts and hoodies
- Spreadshirt - any products flagged as ("no adult content") in their API
If there are products you think we should disable on other platforms, please reach out to support.
Setting The Mature Flag
You can set the mature flag on individual designs:
You can set the mature flag using the bulk edit tool:
You can use a special search term
@MATURE to query for mature designs. The 'not' operator works too: