An Exhibit is an OrbitKit reference to a Design you have published somewhere. It has a lifecycle:
- WAITING is the start state, assigned when an exhibit is created. You are encouraged to queue up a large number of exhibits; they will remain WAITING until they get sent to PUBLISHING.
- PUBLISHING is the "go" state. Once per day, 20 exhibits per platform are pulled off the WAITING queue and put in the PUBLISHING state. Soon OrbitKit will try to publish this exhibit to the venue. If something goes wrong, OrbitKit will retry approximately every 8 hours; check the exhibit detail for error information.
- BROKEN means something went seriously wrong. Either OrbitKit retried too many times without success (about a week), or we received an error that isn't likely to resolve itself (like Teespring's launch_limit_reached). Don't give up! Reach out to us via the intercom button and we'll try to help you resolve the underlying issue. We can always re-enqueue these.
- READY is nirvana. Everything is set up!
- UPDATING means an exhibit that was successfully published is re-syncing, either because you changed the metadata, blueprint, archetype or explicitly asked for re-synchronization. It will return to READY when complete.
- When you explicitly freeze an exhibit, it goes to FROZEN. OrbitKit will ignore this exhibit entirely - it won't publish (if it was not yet published) and it will not re-sync (if it was). If you delete a FROZEN exhibit, the record will be removed from OrbitKit but the published product will not be pulled down from the venue. Unfreezing will return the exhibit to WAITING or READY.
- DELETING exhibits are being pulled down from the POD platform by OrbitKit, after which the exhibit record itself will be deleted. This is usually pretty quick, but may persist if your venue is paused.
Errors don't stop the queue; OrbitKit will still move 20 exhibits per platform from WAITING to PUBLISHING each day no matter what. We may reach out to you if errors pile up too much.
If an exhibit that was UPDATING fails too much, it may become BROKEN. If you unbreak it, it will go back to UPDATING (not WAITING).
All states can go to FROZEN, and FROZEN can go to WAITING or READY. Those edges are not shown to keep the graph legible.