OrbitKit Fulfillment is our built-in print-on-demand service that allows OrbitKit to publish listings directly on Shopify and Etsy. By automating many of the steps that other print companies do by hand, OrbitKit fulfillment can provide your customers with:
- Exceptional quality. Our prints look and feel noticeably better than our competitors'.
- Fast turnaround. We usually ship in under 36 hours.
- Competitive pricing.
- Transparency. You can see live fulfillment time statistics on your dashboard.
By deeply integrating OrbitKit with Shopify and Etsy, we can offer the complete OrbitKit experience - full and reliable syncing of all aspects of your designs and blueprints.
OrbitKit Fulfillment does not require a subscription; you are charged only when we print orders for you. However, you must place a credit card on file so that we can process your orders. If we cannot process payments, orders may be delayed or rejected.
Add a payment method from your Settings page:
More information about pricing and billing can be found on the Fulfillment Pricing page.
OrbitKit Fulfillment works just like regular OrbitKit!
- Create a Shopify or Etsy Venue and connect it to your store
- Create one or more Blueprints using OrbitKit's new builtin blueprint editor
- Publish your designs with these Blueprints
OrbitKit will create complete product listings for your designs in your store. See the OrbitKit documentation for Shopify or Etsy for a walkthrough.
When a customer purchases a product:
- OrbitKit is notified of the fulfillment request.
- OrbitKit will create an Order record and mark the record as "fulfilled" at Shopify (Etsy does not have such a flag; just "shipped").
- OrbitKit will begin printing the order.
- You will be charged for the order (once per day for all orders during that day).
- The order will be shipped. The Shopify/Etsy order will be updated with a tracking number and this information will be emailed to the customer.
You can view and search your Orders by clicking on the "Fulfillment Orders" menu item:
OrbitKit as Master Database
As with all other platforms to which OrbitKit publishes, we assume that you will treat OrbitKit as the master database. Changes to your designs at OrbitKit (say, adding a tag) will be automatically synced to your published listings at Shopify and Etsy.
This means that changes you make to your products at Shopify or Etsy (title, descriptions, tags, pricing, etc) can be overwritten by OrbitKit. We do not recommend that you edit your Shopify/Etsy listings directly. If you want to edit a listing after it has been published, freeze the exhibit first.
Since we want to be able to guarantee quick turnaround and shipping, we are rolling on new products slowly and carefully. If you need custom doggie blankets right away, you can still use OrbitKit with Printful!